Port Madison Enterprises
Formed in 1987, Port Madison Enterprises (PME) acts as an agency of the Suquamish Tribal Government while promoting the economic and social welfare of the Suquamish Tribe through commercial activities.
What began as a modest retail endeavor has grown exponentially over the last few decades.In addition to Suquamish Clearwater Casino Resort, Port Madison Enterprises now encompasses several hospitality, entertainment and retail businesses.
A service station and convenience store, originally built in the 1980’s, was one of the first business endeavors for the Suquamish Tribe.
Suquamish Clearwater Casino Resort
Established in 1995
The Clearwater Casino Resort began as a tent in 1995, the business grew and constructed a 78,000 square foot casino building in 2003. Since then, amenities have been added such as the Resort, Angeline Spa, Event Center, Additional Restaurants and Hotel Tower.
The PME Board and the Executive Management team regularly review business opportunities to continue to grow Clearwater Casino Resort.
Established in 1929
Built in 1929, Kiana Lodge was originally called Edgewater Beach and Country Club. The building served as housing for the 14th Coast Artillery during World War II. By the mid-1940’s a private owner purchased the property and renamed it Kiana Lodge.
The lodge slowly became a location for weddings and corporate events, for the first time in 25 years, the lodge had new owners. In 2004 the Suquamish Tribe purchased Kiana Lodge and PME oversees the property to continue to utilize the space for weddings and other events.
White Horse Golf Club
Established in 2007
White Horse was designed by Cynthia Dye McGarey, niece of living-design legend Pete Dye. Working on the site constantly, Dye took great pride in the course and attended it’s opening in 2007.
Three years later, the Suquamish Tribe purchased White Horse and soon implemented a major redesign by late Tacoma golf architect John Harbottle III. Nearly half of the 137 bunkers were removed making the course more playable.
PME worked to provide a state of the art Clubhouse on the course. Opening in 2013, the Clubhouse included the Cedar Ridge Grill, Full service pro shop, a board room, outdoor patio and a meeting and event space.
A service station and convenience store, originally built in the mid 1980’s, was one of the first business endeavors for the Suquamish Tribe. Since that time, retail services operated by Port Madison Enterprises have grown to include Longhouse Texaco, Suquamish Village Chevron and the Masi Shop along Highway 305 in Suquamish.
All located within one mile of the casino, each location provides fuel and convenience store services. Visit our Retail Outlets page for more information.
PME leases dozens of businesses in and around Suquamish. Some of which include the Agate Pass Business Park and several buildings along the Suquamish waterfront. Visit the Port Madison Enterprises website to find out more.