Summer Lawn Events are Back!
Hello Suquamish Clearwater Casino Resort fans! Although it may seem like the April showers will never end, in just a few short weeks we will make it to those famously gorgeous Washington summers. Now when those beautiful summer nights get here, we also get our free summer lawn events!
From movies to music, these events offer you a chance to grab some lawn chairs and bring your family to watch some great kids movies or come listen to some great live music at Performances at the Passage. Without further ado, let’s get into it.
Performances at the Passage
On Thursdays in July and August 2018, our lawn transforms into a beautiful concert venue! Bring some lawn chairs or blankets and get ready to enjoy our unique concert-going experience set against the backdrop of Puget Sound. We’ve got a great lineup this summer, here are some highlights:
- July 5th 2018: Hot August Night – Neil Diamond Tribute. Who doesn’t love “Sweet Caroline” and “Forever in Blue Jeans?” I’m not sure, but I don’t want to hang out with anyone who doesn’t. Dean Colley absolutely crushes the look and vocal style of a true living legend.
- July 12th 2018: Vocal Trash. There is nothing wasteful about attending one of their shows. Come witness some great singing, breakdancing, and heart pounding drums for a mix that is best described as “…an urban themed Broadway show with a positive message.” Wow that sounds awesome!
- July 19th 2018: Petty Thief – Tom Petty Tribute. Tom Petty’s music is timeless. Have you ever NOT sung along to “Free Fallin” when it’s on the radio? Come see this cover band knock Petty out of the park with an emphasis on accuracy. What a great way to spend a Thursday night!
- July 26th 2018: Queen Nation – Queen Tribute. This band has been described as “hauntingly realistic.” When you are talking about legends like Freddie Mercury and Brian May that’s no small task! This is a must see show!
- August 30th 2018: Los Chicos Del 512 – Selena Tribute. Evelyn Molina’s vocal stylings are a dead ringer for the Queen of Tejano. Come see her perform the songs of one of the most popular Latina artists of all time and I dare you to not get up and dance!
Movies on the Lawn
- Looking for something fun to do with the kids? Come check out this great lineup of free movies on Sundays in July and August. Lawn opens at 6PM and the movies begin showing at dusk. Highlights include:
What could be better than hanging out on the waterfront this summer? Well, we can’t think of anything! We hope to see you at Clearwater Casino Resort and remember: life’s a game, live it up on the waterfront!