Great Northwest Karaoke Challenge 2019
Over $1,500 in Cash & Prizes!
The Biggest Karaoke Competition In The West Sound Is Back And Better
Than Ever For 2019. Keep Watching For More Details!
July 7th: Clearwater Casino will host own it’s karaoke competition to determine who will represent us in the Great North West Karaoke Challenge (GNWKC). See complete rules for complete details. Sign ups for our competition will begin on 7/7/2019, 4-6pm in the Beach Rock Lounge, no sign ups after 6pm. Contestants will go on stage and perform for a panel of judges in the Beach Rock Lounge. Competition start time is at 6pm. Contestants will go on stage and sign a song they have chosen. A panel of judges will then rate them accordingly, using a score card which will be provided on the day off to the judges (please see rules for full details).
- Beach Rock July 7th: Tryouts
Sign ups will begin on 7/7/2019, 4-6pm, no sign ups after 6pm. Contestants will go on stage and perform for a panel of judges.
- July 14th: Semifinals
Contestants from all venues competitions will compete to determine a certain number of contestants to advance to finals.
- July 21st: Finals
See more at https://www.mobilesoundwa.com/the-great-northwest-karaoke-challenge
Sponsored by Suquamish Clearwater Casino
→ Official Rules and Regulations ←
- Solo contestants only; duets and groups will not qualify.
- You may enter the contest in as many participating venues as you like. Once you have won a nightly competition, you are not eligible to compete in that venue until the in-house finals.
- A contestant must represent only one venue in advanced level competition (i.e., once a contestant is a venue champion, they are not eligible to compete in any other venue final). A spot in the in-house finals is secured by winning 1st place in Great Northwest Karaoke Challenge’s weekly contest. First place winners will return to the venue on the night designated to compete for advancement to the next level.
- Professional Singers (paid to perform) are not eligible.
- Employees of Mobile Sound Entertainment, and their immediate families are not eligible.
- Employees of participating venues and their immediate families are not eligible in venues which they work.
- Host of the GNWKC are ineligible to compete in any participating venue. Any DJ’s, KDJ’s or Hosts past or present will be disqualified.
- The number of advancing contestants from the in-house finals to Great Northwest Karaoke Challenge Finals is 3.
Levels of Competition:
- 12 Weekly in-house Competitions (1st place contestant becomes an inhouse finalist each week)
- In-House Finals for each venue (1st place winners will compete in a final on a date TBD by the venue to determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for that venue.)
- Great Northwest Karaoke Challenge Semi-Final (Number to be advanced to Finals will be determined on date of contest)
- Great Northwest Karaoke Challenge Finals (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finalists will be selected for cash prizes)
- A random drawing before the contest shall determine the order of appearance in all levels of the competition.
- Judging Criteria (200 points possible):
- Vocal Ability: 100 Points Possible
- Entertainment Value: 50 Points Possible
This includes not only costuming, dancing etc., but also how well the contestant sells the song. This category is very important, as it allows charisma and showmanship equal importance with singing ability.
- Audience Response: 50 Points Possible
This score is to be determined during and immediately after the song only.
- There will be a minimum of three (3) judges at all levels, preferably an odd number.
- Disqualification criteria for judges:
a) Anyone who is a contestant acquaintance, or has any predisposed bias towards one or more contestants ( example: a venue owner whose patrons are competing in a in-house competition).
b) Intoxicated people.
c) Failure to complete scores for all contestants.
- A contestant may select any song from the list available at each participation location. Two or more contestants may sing the same song at all contest levels.
Advancement to the Next Level:
- Up to 3 contestants from each location can advance to the Great Northwest Karaoke Challenge Finals. In the event of a tie, audience response scores will determine the winner. In the unlikely event that this still produces a tie, those same judges will be asked to break the tie.
- 1 (one) alternate contestant should be chosen from the in-house finals if one or all Champions are unable to advance.
- Each judging ballot shall be anonymous. Mobile Sound Entertainment will provide the judges for the Great Northwest Karaoke Challenge Finals.
- The ballots and tally sheets shall be available for 15 minutes after the winner is announced, for any contestant to see (under supervision). Should an error in addition alter the winner chosen, there will be an official recount. This is the only reason and only time that the results may be challenged. Judging forms should not be destroyed for any reason.
- Mobile Sound Entertainment reserves the right to disqualify any contestant, judge, or venue location if any or all of the aforementioned rules and criteria are felt to be violated.
The judges decisions are final and not subject to appeal. GOOD LUCK!