A Year in Review of Entertainers: Suquamish Clearwater Casino’s Best of 2018
Can you believe we’ve already reached the end of 2018? This year was a banner year for the Suquamish Clearwater Casino as our entertainment calendar was chock full of musical acts that brought the house down (Editor’s note: Metaphorically of course. Our casino is still standing!). Take a trip down memory lane with us as we highlight some of our favorite performances:
- Twista! (January 18th, Beach Rock Music & Sports Lounge): Legendary chopper rapper and Guinness World Record Holder Twista! started the year off with a bang performing to a sold-out show at Beach Rock. His record setting flow and classic style really set the tone!
- One Night in Memphis (May 28th, Beach Rock Music & Sports Lounge): This one of a kind official tribute to Sun Records was incredible! Featuring the Broadway stars of the “Million Dollar Quartet,” this 90-minute extravaganza featured the music of Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Elvis Presley. In fact, the show was such a rousing success that we are bringing them back for TWO performances (April 10th and April 11th). Get your tickets now, this will be a hot show!
- Queensryche (June 14th, Clearwater Event Center): This early summer the Rychers were in full force at the Clearwater Event Center. These progressive metal rockers really brought the rock playing some of their classics like “Queen of the Reich,” these 30 year veterans of the music scene showed no signs of slowing down and their newer material rocked just as hard as the classics!
- Clint Black (August 15th, Clearwater Casino Resort Event Lawn): One of our best outdoor shows ever! On a warm August night, Clint Black’s smooth baritone serenaded an eager crowd. What a privilege it was to have country music royalty live it up on the waterfront for one stupendous night!
- I am King (October 2nd- October 8th, Beach Rock Music & Sports): This one of a kind Michael Jackson experience was absolutely incredible! We were lucky to have this show comprised of Broadway veterans and Las Vegas dancers with us for a solid week and what a week it was! With several sold out shows, the packed Beach Rock saw some incredible renditions of the songs that made Michael Jackson the King of Pop!
- Sir-Mix-A-Lot (October 25th, Beach Rock Music & Sports): The recently remodeled Beach Rock made the perfect venue for this awesome, unforgettable show! Seattle’s best MC really brought the heat with all his classic hits!
Thanks for reading our review! Just so you know, 2019 is shaping up to be an even better year! Make sure to check our entertainment section and events calendar so you don’t miss any of our awesome performances! Remember this mantra in 2019: life’s a game – live it up on the waterfront!